sâmbătă, 26 ianuarie 2013

Goodie moodie

The time has come for you to know that I am a very...wishful person :D When I see someone eating I cannot stop myself from having a "small bite", just for the taste. Therefore you can imagine my favorite food is and most probably always will be Indian food. Tasty, spicy, meaty and veggie in the same time, saucy and everything else that you might want, it's the BEST.
And of course one of the things I miss most since I am home is the delicious Asian/Oriental/Indian foods from all the places I've been to. Besides that the worst thing is that in Romania you cannot find these famous tasty restaurants, bakeries or sweet shops that you find in the world.
Here are just a few of the places I've been to in the last 1 year and half and I badly miss:

*Baskin Robbins. Probably the BEST ICE CREAM in the world :))  In case you haven't tasted this ice cream ever in your life, well you should not pass life on Earth and not try it. It is one of the best things I ever tasted...and I DON't really like sweets. Once a week Baskin ice cream was on the to do list, and pfff they had so many and good flavors. My personal recommendations: Jamoca Almond Fudge and Praline's n Cream, for sure the best ice creams in the world :))))
* TGI Friday's is simply delicious. I don't know how it is in other countries but in Dubai the staff is so cheerful and happy happy joy joy that you would go there everyday. Smiling faces, good service, not to mention a variety of foods and deserts and good atmosphere that make you want to go back. It happened to us one winter evening, after coming back from a one day cruise in Oman, we stopped for a late dinner at TGI Friday's and guess what, somehow the staff came to know that it was my friend's birthday. In the next moments all silence and a small ice cream & pastry with a candle came in the picture, with the staff singing and dancing happy birthday or something. It was so nice and cute that I was clapping and laughing like an IDIOT...for real... Here's a proof.

* Cinnabon is something unique. I know you can find it in Romania as well, if not something very similar, but not in my city unfortunately. Now this is the real cinnamon shit I tell you. Everything tastes so real and good that even salty people like me would want to eat it at least once in 2 days. Cinnabon rolls and many secondary similar products are just making you drool in front of the store, and man they smell sooooo gooood!!!!!
* I don't know who this Tim Hortons is but damn he has a food restaurant! Apparently this chain is only found in Canada, Central America and Oman and UAE, but it should definitely expand some more. It was the first place I tasted a broccoli soup and I started cooking it since then, it was that good, and many other bakery products that made my mouth  drool.
* North Carolina apparently invented Krispy Kreme, and oh God bless them cause they made an amazing discovery. Best donuts in the world I tell you, the best ones. In my first days in Dubai I met Ahmed and Roxana, and in our first day out I well remember that Ahmed had a pack with 6 nice looking donuts with some black and white chocky on top, inviting me to try one cause it's the best one and their favorite. I was to shy to take one, so I think I just took a bite and it tasted damn good. That was just the beginning. My relation with Krispy Kreme became stronger every time I was passing next to the store in the Mall and stopping to have 2 donuts instead of lunch, or as a desert. Since then we became close, and thought nobody knew, I was eating those donuts quite often, more often than my sweetie roommate :D

So in the end, if you pass by one of these stores in some big city in the world, don't hesitate to stop and have a bite. 
And most important of them all: God bless America!




Niciun comentariu: