Some things about Dubai that are not very well known for people around the world.
* The entire city of Dubai hosts 195 nationalities from all over the globe. Working in different companies, in different fields, or just in vacation, with or without their families or friends, people come in Dubai seeking for things they did not find in their home countries, with the idea that they will have maybe a better life, or just to make a change, or to have a great holiday. And amazingly get all that. The city provides such conditions so that people can have a normal life, above the poverty limit. Therefore no poor people on the streets, no dust and no garbage (except for some small areas).
* Besides the garbage and dust, one thing you do not see on the streets of Dubai are dogs. These animals do not seem to exist in this area except in people’s houses, as in owned dogs. Our trainer sais cats are everywhere, but since I came here I saw only 2, one on a beach and one in my building at the doormen. * And actually today, on my way to the city, I saw in a neighborhood 2 cats next to a shop, eating like crazy. So a total of 4 cats in one month... Man I miss animals :X
* Emirates Group itself is the home company of 165 nationalities, brand no. 270 in the world with the most eco friendly aircrafts in the airline industry.
* Besides the 195 nationalities within Dubai, not remembering the exact number, more than 60% or the people living in Dubai are Indians, so imagine the amount of spices on the shops, of course never comparing with Bombay or any other city in India : )
* An amazing thing in the city are the highways, that have between 2 and 6 lines on each side. Just to have a clear impression, imagine the highways that connect Hungary to Austria. Those you find within Dubai, but much better kept. And of course if you have highways you have speed, so the maximum speed limit within some of these highways is 120 km...IN THE CITY.
* By the way I didn’t hear not even 1 car horn since I came here, these people are very peaceful when it comes to driving, even if they speed. Every car on its line, not like in India :P, every cab chauffeur wearing uniform, all civilized and in place.
* Dubai Mall is the mall with the biggest nos. of shops in the world, and inside you can find the biggest indoor aquarium if I well understand. It is simply amazing. When you stand outside the mall, in front of Burj Khalifa, the lovely Dubai Dancing Fountain will cheer you sense, with its unique capacity of actually dancing...
* I suppose that I don’t have to mention that Burj Khalifa is the major attraction in the city, being the tallest building in the world, of more than 820 m high. Inside you cannot find much, just hotels, restaurants, among these the Armani hotel (which I don’t want to know how much expensive it is) and others :P The building tour costs 100 Dhs if you book in advance, or if you just go to see it without booking it costs 400 Dhs.
* Vegetation is totally missing in this city, except some areas where there are some improvised parks, barely staying green thanks to a good irrigation system. The rest is all sand and specific desert plants, half green half yellow. I am craving for a forest you guys...heeelp!!!!!
To be continued...