joi, 22 martie 2012

The Way - El camino de Santiago


"Life is to big to walk it alone"

I just finished watching this movie , The Way with and by Martin Sheen, and I simply could not go to sleep and forget about it. Well I surely won't forget about it, cause officially it started occupying a place in my favorite movie list.
The story in short words so that I don't ruin the pleasure of seing the movie, El Camino de Santiago presents the story of a father, who seeks to discover his son, or rediscover himself during the pilgrimage to St James Cathedral in north west Spain. A journey where besides meeting people and places, he opens his horizons and pleasure towards life after the lost of his only son.
The story in fact is anyone's story who would decide to do such a thing in life, for whichever reason the person might have, personal or religious.
El camino de Santiago is a thousand years old pilgrimage route to the Cathedral of St James in Galicia Spain, where as the old legend sais, lay the remains of St James, carried by boat from Jerusalem, burried underneath the city called Santiago de Compostela. The route has several key locations, where pilgrims are received in hostels by local people, treated with dinner and given a warm bed to rest over night, in order to continue their journey early the next morning. The modern pilgrimages are done by bycicle or horse ride, but most of the pilgrims still practice the good old walk. During the way, at every stop, pilgrims are stamped on the "passport" the name of the place where they rested, so that by the end of the journey the ones who complete the way, will receive the certificate "The compostela" for accomplishing their journey, with the reason for which the pilgrimage was done.
But coming back to the movie, I strongly recommend the soundtrack, the movie itself and some good lines on the way.
The way you chose in life, of you think you chose, is not at all, cause as said "You don't choose a life, dad. You live one." The desire of having things, material or not, is not that relevant anymore when you lose something bigger than all of those things together, and then..."Most people don't have the luxury of just leaving it all behind."...and carry on. And as Coldplay would say in one of their songs "Just because I'm losing, doesn't mean I'm lost, doesn't mean I'll stop...Just because I'm hurting, doesn't mean I'm hurt, doesn't mean I didn't get what I deserved, no better and no worse".


Niciun comentariu: