marți, 10 iulie 2012

Magic and cinema

I am mesmerized. It's like I've really been there, all of it is true, the life, the cinemagician, the toy store in the station, and I just woke up from the dream by the prayers outside my window.
This is the best thing about movies I think, they take you away for a few hours, so far from the daily shit, happiness or sadness, to show you something else, something you might or might not encounter often (mostly NOT) And apparently I am not the only one who loves movies here, cause Hugo made the biggest discovery of them all by simply loving movies and adventures. Who is Hugo you might ask? Well he is the little boy who owns the movie called Hugo (duh) and who discovered or made others (re)discover the world of fantasy, of magic, of cinema. I am staring at this screen since 2 hours lost in his adventure, making me wish one for myself.
 His story, Hugo, is about discovering the french master of movies, Georges Melies, a magician in late 1800, early 1900 who put the magic on screen, in the cinemas, who made people smile and be happy with his special effects and new cinematographic ideas. Georges rediscovers himself thanks to little Hugo and comes out of his "shell" after the boy brings his old works back in the attention of the world.

 "I'd imagine the whole world was one big machine. Machines never come with any extra parts, you know. They always come with the exact amount they need. So I figured if the entire world was one big machine... I couldn't be an extra part. I had to be here for some reason...Maybe that's why a broken machine always makes me a little sad, because it isn't able to do what it was meant to do... Maybe it's the same with people. If you lose your purpose... it's like you're broken." Hugo Cabret

 And if you've never been to the moon, this is a trip from 1902...
 

Niciun comentariu: